Cinco de Mayo

Ballet Folklorico Quetzalen of Sonoma will be among the performers at La Luz Center’s annual “Cinco de Mayo” celebration on Saturday, May 3, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.

10277862_662799933785654_4072585925785449142_nThe free event features Mexican food and drinks, plus entertainment by the Brazilian group Capoeira Mandinga, whose performance combines dance, martial arts and acrobatics, classical guitar, and live DJ music. “We want this year’s celebration to highlight the many local businesses that have been working with La Luz to strengthen our community’s economy,” said Juan Hernandez, La Luz’s executive director.

La Luz Center is at 17560 Greger Street, in Boyes Hot Springs, Sonoma. Its mission is to empower our community through education, leadership and self-advocacy.


One Response to Cinco de Mayo

  1. billmckenzie says:

    According to latest statistics 82% of people who celebrate Cinco De Mayo, do it with family dinner, many hold parties. I guess the other 18% go to restaurants or travel, but they’ll have to pass on tequila if they plan on driving back home.