The Sonoma Square site once occupied by a general store and the offices of General Vallejo’s lawyer, the Poppe-Parmelee Building, receives a plaque commemorating the 100th anniversary of its construction.
The Native Sons of the Golden West Sonoma Parlor #111 dedicated the plaque in a June 10th ceremony.
Attending were Tom Haeuser, whose law office is currently in the historic building at 466 First S. E. and Robert Parmelee, the current owner.
The site was first developed, in 1861, as the Poppe General Store, flats and the law office from which R. A. Poppe administered the estates of General and Mrs. M.G. Vallejo. That structure was destroyed by fire in 1911.