- Sonoma Valley Sun - http://news.sonomaportal.com -
Free classes for the active aging
Posted By Sun News On September 7, 2011 @ 12:05 pm In News | Comments Disabled
Sonoma Valley Hospital’s rehab therapies is offering the following free classes for the active aging and their families during the coming weeks:
• “Senior Strengthening,” to take place Thursday, Sept. 8, at 3 p.m. in the café. Students will learn how to maintain muscular strength, flexibility, endurance and balance for functional mobility from Physical Therapist Julius Rivera and Catherine Castle, PTA.
• “Aging Parents, Understanding Their Changing World” occurs on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 3 p.m. in the café. Children with aging parents can learn how to help aging parents navigate their changing perceptual world with Elise Alexander-Stone, a speech pathologist.
• “Better Balance – Prevent a Fall” is set for Wednesday, Sept. 21, at 3 p.m. in the café. Attendees will learn how to promote continuing health through balance work with Physical Therapist Marek Gryzboski.
• “Home Safety – Helpful Hints to Avoid Injuries at Home” – on Wed. Sept. 28, at 3 p.m. in the hospital’s café. Occupational Therapist Julie Souza will teach particpants how to prevent injuries at home.
• “Nutrition for Seniors” is set for Thursday, Oct. 6, at 3 p.m. in the café. Registered Dietician Nancy Angel will discuss the specific dietary concerns of the elderly.
RSVP to 935-5440.
Article printed from Sonoma Valley Sun: http://news.sonomaportal.com
URL to article: http://news.sonomaportal.com/2011/09/07/free-classes-for-the-active-aging/
URLs in this post:
 : http://news.sonomaportal.com/2011/09/07/free-classes-for-the-active-aging/?share=facebook
 : http://news.sonomaportal.com/2011/09/07/free-classes-for-the-active-aging/?share=twitter
Copyright © 2010 Sonoma Valley Sun. All rights reserved.